Monday, January 21, 2013

"Under the Starry Sky So Blue" - A Whimsical Painting of Mushrooms at Night

"Under the Starry Sky So Blue"     5" x 7"     Acrylic on Museum Quality Claybord

Here's my painting for the day, and on time for the second day in a row too! I was lucky enough to get the day all to myself to paint and exercise (yes, you heard me right, I'm allowed to exercise a tiny bit now!!! Woo-hoo!) and it felt absolutely and ridiculously amazing. Thanks momma for watching the boys so I can try and get some healing in over here - it's helping a TON!

Like I said before, I'm super excited to be allowed to exercise a little now. Nothing huge mind you, more like the type you do in Physical Therapy. What am I saying, it's EXACTLY the type you do in physical therapy. Haha, I'm such a nerd. Anyways, my PT said I've finally graduated from what he calls "Baby Bear Mode" and can officially begin my "Momma Bear Routine." It's weight lifting and stretching and weird little slow leg lifts and bicycles and things of that sort, along with no more than 15 - 20 minutes of slow walking a day, but oh man, it sure feels good to be getting some strength back into my bones! And another huge joy is the fact that my PT was actually proud of me for how quickly I was moving along and for all my hard work. I wasn't expecting that at all! Honestly, I thought the opposite was going to happen because no matter how hard I tried over the last 3 weeks I just couldn't work my way up to lifting 5 lbs. with my legs - I could only get to 3 lbs. So I'm super stoked to be moving on and up the ladder as far as my therapy is concerned, and I am also eagerly awaiting my next acupuncture appointment as well because I absolutely loved that and my body did too!

I just wanted to give you all my happy little fibro update, because it's so good to finally be starting to get my life back even in little increments, and I am just super overjoyed over here! Thank you all for all your prayers through all this - they mean a ton to me and I know they are helping. In fact, my PT says that if all continues moving along at this pace, that I'll be back to good shape (not pain free by any means, but with a 60-70% improvement which is the best we can hope for) in mid February rather than the end of March. Sooo AWESOME!!!

So like I said, I'm super excited to be back on track a little with my life, and though the pain is still raging underneath my medication, at least it's finally, FINALLY under control and I can start to reclaim some of my life back. Well, in baby steps anyways. But I will seriously take whatever I can get, because anything is better than where I was back in December, which was probably the worst and darkest month of my entire life, bar none! We're moving forward, baby, and I'm super glad to have you all on this journey of recovery with me! Trust me, it gives me such great joy to not have to do this all on my own.

Well, it's off to bed for me, because WE'RE GETTING BABYSITTING TOMORROW!  What, what!!! =D Awww yeah! That's right. We finally get to go on a date and spend some time alone with each other before 9pm at night, and I am so stoked about it I can hardly stand it. But I really don't want to ruin it by staying up to late, so good night y'all! Hope you all have a fantastic day today and God bless! =D


2 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa, the mushrooms at night painting is really lovely and I am so glad your physical therapy is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm really loving it, even though at times it can be quite hard. But in the end it's totally worth it, so I will be trying my hardest over the next few months to get as healthy and as strong as I can be. Hope you have a great day! =)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...