Wednesday, January 30, 2013

"Streams of Sunlight" - A Landscape Painting


"Streams of Sunlight"     5" x 7"     Acrylic on Museum Quality Claybord


This is my first of two paintings of this late summer sunset that we were blessed enough to see while on the very last stretch from Washington to Montana in 2011. We had just eaten a delicious dinner at Cracker Barrel, and were about to arrive at our destination, only to be greeted by this great and glorious sunset from up above. It was one of the most beautiful I've ever seen, and I imagine that's why they call Montana, "Big Sky Country." Makes sense to me. The clouds and sky stretched all around us, beyond logical explanation in my opinion, and it was so, so wondrous to behold. Hopefully my condition will allow us to go back again someday - we're going to plan it as if it will and hope and pray that God allows the cards to fall in our favor. Best wishes to you tonight (or this morning, depending upon where you live I suppose), and I'm sorry this one was so late, as I had really hoped to post this way earlier. Anyways, have a good one! =)

1 comment:

  1. Another beautiful painting! You have a way with landscapes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...