Sunday, January 13, 2013

"Rock Garden" - A Still Life of Rocks from Nature

"Rock Garden"     5" x 7"     Acrylic on Archival Canvas Panel

I have been working on this piece for a few days now, trying to perfect it as much as possible, focusing on making subtle shifts in color and in trying to create a dynamic work of art out of a simple pile of rocks from my garden. I've been feeling more and more like I need to try to truly work from nature and less from photographs I've taken, so as to get a more realistic feel in my larger works, and am thoroughly impressed with how this turned out. For a while there I was really worried about it, but in the end I got the results I wanted and can't wait to see how much I grow in this area as I keep practicing over the next year. I foresee many more paintings of this sort in the future, and am excited at the possibility that nature holds, for it seems that the options will be quite endless! I hope you are all having a fantastic day and will try posting that picture of "Beads of Dew" later, as soon as I get the chance. Things have just been a little hectic over here, as you can imagine...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...