Thursday, January 24, 2013

"Thermal Imaging" - An Abstract Painting

"Thermal Imaging"     4" x 4"     Acrylic on Museum Quality Claybord


This started out as an expressionist floral painting, and then ended up as a straight up abstract as I began to fuss and play around with it more and more. I actually am really thrilled with how it turned out as it reminds me of the thermal imaging they do of the earth around places like Hawaii and other island locations, and am really glad now that it took a turn for the... Well, different, I'd say. It's definitely different than the pink and red flower it started out as!!! It was like one of those projects they have you do in art class where you're given 6 pieces of paper to morph an airplane into a boat, but eventually you can make the one form into the other if you have the patience and do it right.. If I had only shot pictures of it in progress along the way! Bummer!

But I honestly didn't have a second to waste - I didn't realize how late it was and got in right under the wire again. Considering that both my internet and computer were moving frightfully slow tonight, okay, add me into that equation too... So with all of us running in slow motion and with only one minute left to post before the submission closed, I started sweating on this one. But once again, thank the Lord, this one got in and as soon as it did, the little button to submit your picture was gone. I made it by the skin of my teeth all over again! Praise the Lord!!!

The colors are a bit off vibrancy-wise, as the orange should be a bit more vibrant than it is, so I'll probably have to retake the pics tomorrow and repost them up here as soon as I can.  But in the meantime, I hope you all are having a good time out there in whatever you do, and all see you all later! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...