Sunday, January 13, 2013

"Entangled" - A New Abstract Painting

"Entangled"     4" x 5"     Acrylic on Archival Canvas Panel

This was supposed to be my painting for yesterday, but I never got around to doing it, let alone posting it, because things have been absolutely crazy around here lately. So here it is today, a day late but still as pretty as can be! =0)

I've been dying to paint this particular painting for years now! It was originally one of my favorite abstracts from my little sketchbook that we used in our advanced drawing class at LMC for our daily drawings. I remember loving the once formidable task of drawing out a sketch every day, though I felt like I never really had the time to put much of myself into it... And that was before kids... Oh how naive I was! If only I could go back in time and shake myself by the shoulders, screaming, "You have NO idea how good you have it right now! STOP WASTING SO MUCH TIME!!!" I could get so much more done. Ahh, but alas, I'm pretty sure just about everybody I know wishes they could do that too. =P

Anyways, the drawing was originally done in pastel back then, on pure black Strathmore Artagain paper (which, by the way, is one of my favorite papers to draw on EVER, especially with oil pastels!), but I am much more thoroughly pleased with the amount of pizazz this has as a painting, especially with the deep blue-green coloring that I added around the edges. I feel like it not only adds to the depth of the piece, but it also adds to the overall composition as well, making it so much more dynamic and interesting. I absolutely love it! This is definitely going to be redone as a MUCH larger painting some day when I have the time. =D

Well, hope you're having a great day! See you all tomorrow, Lord willing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...