Sunday, February 3, 2013

"Chilean Palms" - A Landscape Painting from February's Virtual Paintout

"Chilean Palms"     6" x 6"     Acrylic on Museum Quality Claybord


This is my second submission for February's Virtual Paintout in Valparaiso, Chile. I just loved the way the sun was bursting forth over the hillside, lighting these palms in such a glorious manner - it was one of those images that as soon as I saw it I knew it was just begging to be painted!

I thought it was cute that when Tyler came home and saw this for the first time he thought it'd be the perfect habitat for some dinosaurs, and Levi agreed. So maybe someday I'll have to add some dinosaurs into it, for their sakes, though for now I'll just keep it as it is. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...