Wednesday, March 20, 2013

"Flying Through the Snow" - An Animal Painting of an Owl by Melissa Adams

This sweet little owl was made as a commission for a wonderful woman from our church. She asked me to create a teeny-tiny painting of a Snowy Owl flying through the sky during the daytime. Of course, with my love of owls, this was a treat to do, and after having just gone to the snow myself, I was truly inspired!

"Flying Through the Snow"     2" x 2"     Acrylic on Canvas with an Easel
 SOLD

Here it is in my hand, to give you a good sense of scale:


I had a blast working this small, but I'm starting to really want to buy a magnifying glass that has some lighting in it as well, just so I can really get in more and more details as I fall deeper and deeper in love with working so small. In fact, a fellow artist friend of mine named Kyra suggested what looks like the perfect magnifying glass with light for me and I'm super stoked! (Umm... Yes. Sorry Kyra. But uhh, I consider you as a "fellow artist friend" at this point with all our writing back and forth on each other's works. Just thought you might like to know. Lol!) Oh, and by the way Kyra's work is seriously AMAZING!!! You should really check out her work here. My favorite works of hers are from her "Alice in Wonderland" series. They are just stunningly beautiful!

Well, as you can imagine, I had a lot of fun painting this one, but now it's onto my next commissioned work. By the way, if you ever want to order a specific painting you want from me, like a pet portrait, self portrait, a painting for your bathroom, or just about whatever, you can contact me via my email address by clicking here, and we'll work something out. I'm finding myself really loving the chance I've gotten to commissions lately, partly because of the surprise that's in it for me in what they will ask for, and yes, partly because of the paycheck. I'm not gonna lie - it feels fantastic making money from my art! I've always wanted a job that I just completely love, and I've finally found mine!!!  =D

Oh, and if you WANT A FREE PAINTING, guess what? If you didn't already know it, my prize for this month's contest is a 9" x 12" Gallery Wrapped Canvas that's commissioned by YOU (granted that you win, of course!) And all you have to do is Like my Facebook fan page, write a comment on it, and then have your friends like your comment after Liking my page, and then you're all set. The person who get's me the most likes wins, so good luck! Pretty easy, right? Ooh, and you have until April 13th to do this, which means you have a crazy amount of time to get them in.   =)

Well, I hope you're having a good night (or day of course). This little night owl needs to do some Yoga and then go to bed, hopefully sometime soon atleast. I mean, it is 1am over here after all... Talk to you later. =)

2 comments:

  1. melissa, this is sooo adorable! and congratulations on a much deserved sale.

    and what can i say, thank you a million times over for the incredible comments you left on my blog! i'm going to send you a personal note as well.

    wonderful work, i love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness!!! I can't believe this! You have no idea how excited I am to have such a beautiful compliment given to me by none other than Suzanne Berry herself! Sorry, total fan girl over here, getting all googly eyed at the words on my screen by a famous artist. But can you blame me? Thank you so much Suzanne! I doubt even with how overwhelmingly thrilled I am on here that you understand what this means to me. Your words make me feel like I've arrived - and like I actually have a chance at making it with my art. This is crazy! And then to have Kyra and Crystal on here too, I'm just floored with gratitude and amazement! Thank you so very, very much! I think you all just made my year! =D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...