Saturday, August 24, 2013

"Straight Up Falling" - An Expressionist Painting of the Falls in Yosemite

"Straight Up Falling"     2.5" x 3.5"     Acrylic on Canvas Paper (ACEO)


Here's another one of my expressionistic paintings of the falls in Yosemite. I think I could paint hundreds upon thousands of works based on that amazing place, that is if I ever had that much time... And if there were any way at all that our family could swing living there and that I could land a job being their Artist in Residence, oh man, would I ever be all over that!!! Man, how amazing would that be?! To live in that gorgeous park, or almost ANY State Park for that matter, and to get paid to paint on location, do demos, and sit in the lobby and paint in front of visitors - WOW! What a dream come true that would be! Shoot, I would love even just living CLOSE to a place like that! There's something just so special and inspiring about the fresh alpine air, full of pine and dew and wildflowers, that makes an artist's blood boil with excitement. I'm getting excited just thinking about it! =0)

2 comments:

  1. As your mentor, I've been remiss! i've missed some very fine work here! the falls are just wonderful and the area sounds just lovely. beautiful work my friend! and congratulations on the sale!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, Suzanne! Thank you so much - you are way too sweet! =D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...