Sunday, September 1, 2013

"Where the Red Ferns Grow" - A Landscape Painting of Fall in Detroit

Finally, I'm getting back into my groove with these Virtual Paintouts! I've missed doing them so very much, and so this month I made sure to do something for it, even if I couldn't post it til the end of the challenge. Here's what I found on my trip to Detroit, which as usual for these challenges, was surprisingly gorgeous! I came upon this pristine meadow of red ferns with the most stunningly red tree I've ever ventured upon and I was just stopped speechless in my tracks. It was a no-brainer for me - this shot was screaming to be painted, don't you agree?

"Where the Red Ferns Grow"     5" x 7"     Acrylic on Archival Canvas Board
$90
This was one of those rare jewels to work on, where each stroke made me more and more excited to see it as a finished work. It's always such a treat when you stumble upon scenes like this. Definitely makes me feel all the more ready for the beauty of fall! I hope your weekend has been a good one - mine's been rather... Interesting, I suppose. Haha, oh man, does interesting ever mean good anymore? Oh well. Such is the life of a fibromyalgic.  =/ We could use prayer - we could ALWAYS use prayer, because the pain is mounting along with my fear of another horrible winter ahead of us. I don't mean to sound melodramatic, but trying to stay positive is so much easier said than done... At least I know that with the grace of God we can get through whatever is sent our way, even if that means He has to carry us all the way through. Quite literally in my case, too! Hahaha! Oh, it feels good to laugh when you're scared, doesn't it? Makes things feel a bit less serious and puts you a bit more at ease. Laughing is really quite good for the soul. Plus, it helps you burn calories too, so that's an added plus!  =0)


CONTEST INFORMATION
Oh, by the way, I have my winner for last months contest, and it's LINDA NASH!!! So Linda, whenever you have the time, why don't you drop me a Facebook message and let me know what images and phrases you would like for your Notecards, or if you'd like I can pick the images for you, and I will get to work on putting that all together.

This month, oh man, I am so stinkin' excited about this month's challenge! Okay, so we're doing something different and totally awesome, and I couldn't be more excited about what it will be! We're going to do a PHOTO CONTEST! The winner of the contest will win a free painting done by me of the photograph that they submit, memorializing a special moment in time so that it can be treasured forever! So, if you want to enter to win this fabulous prize, you may submit any photograph of just about any subject you want, so long as you have personally taken the photo, and at the end of the month I will chose my favorite photo to put down in paint. I'M SO EXCITED!!!

The only exceptions and regulations I have are that you MUST be the author of the shot, you must fill out the form at the bottom of this page to release any images you submit for my use so I can actually use them, and I just really would prefer no nudes or anything that most people would deem inappropriate or gross. Other than that, I think most things are a go. Does that make any sense? Basically, I'm looking for something beautiful, eye-catching and memorable, so try to remember that as you look through your images. So if you're interested, just FOLLOW THIS LINK to my email and send me your favorite images (up to 5 total are allowed by each person) along with the release form below, and if you're lucky you'll get to see it recreated in paint! And who knows? If I find myself with too many good ones to choose from I may have to paint more than one... That means there's chance to see your favorite photo recreated with paint, and a chance at multiple winners - that sounds pretty amazing to me!!!  =D

So if you'd like to participate, go ahead and copy this image release form into your email, fill it out, and send in your top pics (nice pun, huh?!):

ENTRY FORM/PHOTO RELEASE:

For valuable consideration received, I grant to Melissa Adams the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish this photograph for editorial, trade, advertising, and any other purpose and in any manner and medium; and to alter and composite the same without restriction and without my inspection or approval. I hereby release Melissa Adams from all claims and liability relating to said photographs.

X
SIGNATURE (TYPE IN YOUR NAME HERE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A SEAL)
(SEAL)


NAME


DATE


PHONE


STREET ADDRESS


CITY, STATE, ZIP



WOULD YOU LIKE TO SIGN UP FOR MY MAILING LIST?


Now, I know this form might sound a little weird and a bit overboard, but in this day and age you can never be too safe. I just want to make sure to protect me and my family, not to mention all the other photographers and artists I hear about who have found their images being used by any number of individuals without an ounce of say in the matter. That's just no fun for anyone! So just to be safe, if you don't mind filling this out and sending this form along with your photos I would really appreciate it. You should be able to just copy and paste it into your email. And if you'd like your name added to my mailing list, let me know on that last line, okay? I'm planning on having some special surprises eventually for those who sign up for that, so I would highly suggest it! Otherwise, your info won't be used for a single thing other than being your signature and release for the photos you submit.

Which brings up another point... I don't know if you caught that, but you may submit as many as 5 photos for this contest, which means you'll have to narrow it down your favorites (super hard to do given the unlimited amount of digital photos we all have stacking up on our hard drives). But still, this should give you plenty of chances to win! And don't forget to think outside the box on this - I love abstracts as well, so the sky's the limit!

So, if you're up to the challenge, I would absolutely love it if you would join along with me and share your ideas of what would make a beautiful, eye-catching and memorable painting. I'll be sure to share my top picks along the way and at the end of the month I'll announce my winner. Oh wow, I seriously CANNOT WAIT to see what you come up with!!! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...