Wednesday, August 21, 2013

"Calla Lily" - A Floral Painting of a Calla Lily

"Calla Lily"     4" x 5"     Acrylic on Archival Canvas Board

I realized the other day that I never did repost this painting after fixing my signature so that it wasn't so glaringly obvious. Here's how it looked before:


Big improvement, right?! I can thank my Ty for that - he's always so honest and straightforward about my work, and I love him for it, even if it hurts at times. But he was totally right on this one, the signature was too bold and took away from the overall look of the painting by creating a fight over the spotlight. The Lily won in the end, and I think you'll agree it looks a ton better for it. And I think I'm getting better with my editing too - the top one is a more real to life version of the painting than the first one, so I'm happy as a clam over here! =D

2 comments:

  1. That is absolutely gorgeous! The bold purple background against the rich white flower... perfect! I know what you mean about getting an honest criticism from somebody close to you... it's hard sometimes! (all the time) Congratulations on this beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katherine! =) It's crazy how so many times the things that hurt us make us stronger. It's the story of my life!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...