Friday, April 12, 2013

"Adabelle's Caricature for 2013" - A Portrait Painting

"Adabelle's Caricature for 2013"     8" x 10"     Mixed media on Paper
Not For Sale

Okay, so there's a little story behind this one. It is a portrait of an absolutely gorgeous woman, both inside and out, who at one very long time was the nurse of little Levi, who's not so little anymore. This piece was initially supposed to go as a complimentary piece to my "Stylized Self Portrait," but when I had finished it I realized that while it was a pretty caricature, it just wasn't the same style as the other, and therefore needed to be redone. But nothing ventured, nothing gained, so at the very least I got practice and she got a free colored caricature! =)

I'm hoping to post the remake soon, so long as I don't have to try over again. Haha, at least I have the drawing set in stone, it's just a matter of the colors working together now. I hope you're all having a good week and that you have an even better weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...