Saturday, January 9, 2016

"Multicolored Tulip" - A Pen and Colored Pencil Drawing

"Multicolored Tulip"     3.75"x 3.75"      Pen and Prismacolor Colored Pencils on Coaster
Haha, so this drawing really IS square, I just had a hard time taking a picture of it for some reason (impatience perhaps...?) and now it looks like it's receding into the background or something, like an optical illusion, when it's really just a bad shot. I must say though, I had such a fun time creating this particular piece. I just let myself go, letting the colors flow from me and be as vivid as possible, so it ended up with some of my very favorite colors of all time - teal, true blue, lime green, coral, buttercream, burgandy, and deep forrest and peacock greens. Apparently I like red a lot more than I realized, too, though only as a punch of color if it's in a home (meaning I won't ever paint a room that color, but I'll put some vases or candles or pillows in there that are like that.) Well, at least I'm good for one work of art a week, which is a WAY better start than last year! Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...